Ohne dich (video)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Music video by Rammstein|
|Location:||Kaunertal and Pitztaler Glacier in Tirol|
|Shoot:||23 - 25 October 2004|
|Premiere:||8 November 2004|
- There were 5 or 6 ideas for the video. Some of the band members wanted to make a video at sea, others wanted to make it in the mountains.
- Richard wanted to make a video based on Hans Christian Andersen's "The Little Match Girl" because it was the only fairy tale that made him cry, but the idea was rejected.
- According to Joern Heitmann, this is the most emotionally engaging video he has ever made with the band.
- For the video, the band members grew beards, because in the mountains there is no time to shave. Flake was the only one to have an artificial one.
- During the making of, Till can be seen wearing a shirt which makes fun of Flake and his beard.
- The climbing scene was shot on one of the climbing walls next to a parking lot, and the band could go as high as they wanted to.
- The band was accompanied by an experienced climbing team who taught them how to correctly climb the wall.
- The video was shot at +20 degrees. The snow was artificial, and the snow storm was created with the help of machines.
- Emanuel Fialik's assistant expressed his concerns about whether any of the band members would get hurt while shooting a video in the middle of the tour.
- Heitmann claimed that no one would have been able to stop Till from playing the falling scene.
- The original idea was that Flake would have to carry Till together with Schneider at 3,400 m above sea level, which was physically impossible for him.
- Richard admits that everyone always fights for their own scene when shooting videos and everyone wants to be able to play a part, so it's hard to work with them on the set.
- For Heitmann, the emotional message in the video is very important; Ohne dich shows unity in the band.
- Richard said that the most important thing is to stick together, everything else is irrelevant.