|Richard Zven Kruspe|
© Bryan Adams
|CAE/IPI:||00253653368 (Kruspe, Richard)
00293439732 (Kruspe Bernstein, Richard Z)
00479767088 (Kruspe, Richard Z)
24 June 1967|
Wittenberge, German Democratic Republic
|Previous bands:||Das elegante Chaos
Orgasm Death Gimmick
Error creating thumbnail: Unable to save thumbnail to destination
Richard Zven Kruspe (born 24 June 1967 in Wittenberge as Sven Kruspe) is lead guitar player and background singer for Rammstein, as well as singer and guitar player for Emigrate.
Richard Kruspe was born in Wittenberge, German Democratic Republic. He has two older sisters and an older brother. His parents divorced when he was young. His mother remarried, but he did not get along with his stepfather. They moved to the village of Weisen when he was young. Because of the poor relationship with his step-father, Kruspe often ran away from home in his early teens and slept on park benches. He later got into wrestling as a way to channel his anger.
Richard lived in Schwerin, from where he moved to Berlin in 1988. He got into a demonstration by accident on 10 October 1989, and found himself surrounded by the police. Along with others, he was dragged onto a truck which drove to Weißensee, to a police station. He had to stand on a wall for six hours if he would move he got hit by a police officer. Richard was locked away for three days. Because of that experience, Richard made the plan to leave the German Democratic Republic. He fled over Hungary and Austria to West Berlin.
In 1993 he planned to start his own band. After the wall came down he moved back to Schwerin to meet with Till. Often during work Till began to sing, which directly impressed Richard. Without a special reason, Richard recorded a few takes of Till's singing. A few weeks later he convinced Till to try to sing and record for his planned band.
At the age of sixteen, Kruspe and some friends visited Czechoslovakia, where he bought a guitar. He had originally planned to sell it because they were very expensive and thought he could make a nice profit. However, once he returned to German Democratic Republic, a girl at a campground he was staying at asked him to play. He told her that he couldn’t play, but she kept insisting, and Kruspe got mad and started strumming the strings. “The harder I played,” Richard said, “the more excited she got. Something clicked in my head and I realized girls like guys who play guitars.” This got him interested in playing the guitar, and as a result, he began playing every day and night for the next two years.
- Richard used to be a wrestler before starting to play guitar.
- He first learned to play jazz guitar.
- In 1999 he wrote the music for his own wedding.
- 1987 - 1989: Das elegante Chaos (guitar)
- 1991 - 1993: Orgasm Death Gimmick (guitar)
- 1992 - 1993: Die Firma (guitar)
- 19?? - 19??: First Arsch (guitar, vocals)
- since 2007: Emigrate
- 2003: Till Lindemann & Richard Kruspe - Schtiel (vocals, guitar)
- 2007: Apocalyptica - Helden (guitar)
- 2010: Rakim - The Time Is Now (guitar)
- 2015: Hotei - Move It (vocals)
- 2016: VAMPS - Rise or Die (composition, guitar)
- 2019: Aesthetic Perfection - Gods & Gold (guitar)
- 2022: Lifeline International - Come Together (guitar)
- 1999: The Debtors
- 2002: xXx
|1994 - 2002||ESP-901|
|1994 - 1997||Fender Stratocaster Tobacco Sunburst|
|1997 - 1999||ESP KH-2 Kirk Hammett Signature|
|2001 - 2002||ESP Akauzu-Kun Közi Signature See-Through Red|
|2001 - 2002||ESP LTD EX-400 Red|
|2001 - 2005||ESP LTD EC-1000QM See-Through Black Cherry|
|2001 - 2005||ESP KH-4 Kirk Hammett Signature|
|2004 - 2005||Takamine EF341SC|
|2004 - 2005||ESP Eclipse-I CTM Black Vintage|
|2004 - Present||ESP RZK-1|
|2004 - Present||ESP RZK-600|
|2005||ESP LTD EC-50 Black||used in Mann gegen Mann|
|2007||ESP Truckster James Heltfield Signature Silver||used in My World|
|2008 - 2009||Gibson J200|
|2009 - Present||ESP E-2 RZK-1|
|2009 - Present||ESP RZK-2|
|?||Moog Prodigy||Synthesizer||Bought because he was a fan of The Prodigy, who named themselves after the Moog Prodigy synthesizer|
|1997 - 2002||Roland PC-200MKII||Keyboard||used live in Bück dich|
|2001 - 2002||Shure Beta 58A||Microphone|
|2001 - 2002||Shure 520DX Green Bullet||Microphone|
|2004 - 2005||Shure SM58||Microphone|
|2006 - Present||Shure Super 55 Deluxe||Microphone|
|2010 - Present?||Native Instruments Rammfire||Software Plugin|
|2011 - 2013||Alesis QX49||Keyboard||used live in Bück dich|
|2016 - Present||Kemper Profiler Rack||Amplifier|
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApLHCbQ3gnw
- ↑ http://equipboard.com/pros/richard-zven-kruspe
- ↑ http://www.mesaboogie.com/artist/richard-kruspe.html
- ↑ https://www.instagram.com/p/BTdteogF43s/?hl=fr
- ↑ http://www.tcelectronic.com/Artists/artist/richard-kruspe
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYu25PPcco0
- ↑ Die Sendung, 12.09.2017