Ramm 4 (song)
|Song by Rammstein|
|GEMA database ID:||17682341-001|
|Live debut:||26 May 2016|
|Last played:||2 January 2019|
Ramm 4 is an unreleased song by Rammstein.
- The song is titled Ramm 4 presumably because it is the band's fourth self-referential song. The first being Rammstein, the second being Wollt ihr das Bett in Flammen sehen?, and the third being Rammlied. This naming scheme seems to ignore 5/4.
- The song contains parts of lyrics from older songs and a new chorus.
- According to visitors of Flake's reading tour in 2017, he said that this song would be on the upcoming album at the time. Despite this, the song did not appear on the album's tracklist.
- "Auferstanden aus Ruinen" was the national anthem for the German Democratic Republic.
- All mentioned songs in order: Sonne, Das alte Leid, Der Meister, Wiener Blut, Mein Herz brennt, Feuer frei!, Asche zu Asche, Bestrafe mich, Liebe ist für alle da, Bück dich, Amerika, Ich tu dir weh, Stein um Stein, Engel, Weißes Fleisch, Wiener Blut, Du riechst so gut, Herzeleid, Wo bist du, Stirb nicht vor mir, Führe mich, Links 2-3-4, Du hast, Keine Lust, Zwitter, Reise, Reise, Mein Land, Wollt ihr das Bett in Flammen sehen?, Feuer und Wasser, Das alte Leid, Ich will, Spieluhr
- When a fan asked Paul about the song during a meet and greet on their Europe Stadium Tour 2019, Paul said that they still plan to release it, although rather on a new album than on a b-side or standalone single.
|Ramm 4||06:00||GEMA database|
|Ramm4||YouTube||Video||06:51||17 Jun 2016||Hellfest, Clisson||23 Jun 2016|
The song would start with a 60 second countdown present on monitors at both sides of the stage. The stage would be covered by a big curtain with the outline of a single digital number. When the countdown hit 10, the number 9 and the following numbers would start appearing on the stage curtain as well. When the countdown hit 0, the top of the curtain would explode, letting it fall down. Both sides of the stage would also fire many barrages of red fireworks into the air. The intro synth track would also start at this point, with Flake being one of only two members present on stage. The other member present would be Schneider, who would be laying at his drums, only rising after a while in order to join Flake in playing the intro. Both Richard and Paul would also join in after a while. Both of them would be located on lighting rigs which would start to lower once they started playing. On each side of the rectangular space would be a lit flare. Both guitarists would get off the rig once it reached the stage floor, and they would start walking towards each other at the center of the stage. Once they both got there, two rows of small explosions would go off into the air, and Olli would join them from the backstage opening.
A small break would follow, and Till would appear from the side of the stage. He would be wearing a top hat, and tapdance his way to the center of the stage. Till would then bow, stick out his tongue, and throw the hat away, which would explode. A short while after this, the others would resume playing and Till would start singing. Richard and Paul would provide backup vocals during the "Ja - Nein - RAMMSTEIN" part of the chorus. During the last verse, only Flake would provide background music while Till slowly said the lyrics. The beginning of Till's third line would differ on each performance. When performing at a festival, he would usually say the festival's name, followed by "es beginnt". On other occassions, Till would say something in the native language of the country they would be performing in. After this verse, the band would continue playing instrumentally before Paul and Richard would start singing "na na na" whilst playing slowly. They would then have the audience do this for a short while, before everyone starting to play like normal again. Till would then finish the song by singing the last chorus. He would bow deep and yell for the last "Rammstein".
Up until 30 June 2016, Till would wear his normal stage outfit during the performance, and his hat would be dark grey in order to match the outfit. From 1 June 2016 onwards, this would change, with Till now wearing a white tailcoat outfit with gold trimmings. His top hat would now be white as well.
|Type||Description||First played||Last played|
|11 Jun 2016||Video||Pinkpop Festival||Landgraaf||Netherlands|
|1 Jul 2016||Video||Rock Werchter||Werchter||Belgium|
Hier kommt die Sonne, das alte Leid