|Bakschisch For Burundi|
|Song by Herbst in Flake|
- This is the only known song by the band Herbst in Flake.
- It is a cover of the Herbst in Peking song Baksheesh For Burundi.
- The booklet of the compilation noted this in the booklet:
- Ein kühler Wind bläst ein paar trockene Blätter über's Mischpult. Flake, der berühmteste Haarklammernhersteller der Bakschischrepublik und Rex, der langjährigste Langhaar-Kiffer des Universums pressen einen schlichten Reggae-Rhythmus durch die Hallkammern der Stasi-Zentrale. Tanz die Sub-Version!
- A cold wind blows a few dry leafs over the mixing console. Flake, the most known hair clip producer of the Bakschisch Republic and Rex, the longest long haired pothead of the universe let an easy reggae rhythm flow through the hallways of the Stasi HQ. Dance the sub-version!
According to Flake, the original version of this song was much better than this one. Rex Joswig from Herbst in Peking asked Flake to put the song on an album. To do this, they went to the studio to record a new take. Sadly, they couldn't capture the exact feeling of the original version anymore.
- NMI & Messitsch Fanzine Juli/August 1991