Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Genre:||Neue Deutsche Härte|
Schtiel was released in 2003.
- The song was recorded by Till and Richard, and is a cover of Штиль (Shtil') by the Russian band Ария (Ariya/Aria).
- The single was released for the Harley Davidson 100th Anniversary event in Moscow, 2003.
- The single was also released by the RoverScan company in a competition in 2003; there are mixed claims by the company, which claimed that 400 or 500 copies were available to win, while also claiming that 100 copies were available. A Russian source which won the CD also claims that the number was 100 units. Nevertheless, these CDs are official, as they are the exact same CDs released at the Harley Party.
- The single came only in a 3" (mini CD) format in a digipak.
- Rammstein received a reprimand from Universal Music (their parent label at the time of recording) for releasing the single; Aria themselves claimed that they disliked the cover.
- The Aria members who attended the Harley Party sold 3 copies of the single on their online store.
- The CDs were pressed by ООО "Астико-Центр". Although the CD matrices have CDLabs' web URL on them, it's thought that CDLabs outsourced pressing of the CDs to ООО "Астико-Центр", since CDLabs only offer duplication services.
- Till and Richard were allegedly 'invited' by the CEO of Harley Davidson in Russia to create this cover-song for the single release at the party; Ария had originally intended on covering a song themselves instead.
- Schtiel - 05:10
- Miller Beer Commercial - 00:30