Holz is an unreleased song by Rammstein.
|Song by Rammstein
El Cortijo Studio, Málaga
- This song has existed since the recording sessions for Reise, Reise and Rosenrot.
- In March 2004 it was found in the GEMA database, which is how its existence is confirmed and its length is known. Later that month the German magazine "Sonic Seducer" published a tracklist of the 4th album, where Holz was listed as the 7th track. As of today, the song has been removed from GEMA.
- The lyrics of the song described the life of a tree, which a cross was made from.
- It is observed that these lyrics could be inspired by an Old English Christian poem "Dream of the Rood".
- According to fanclub members who have heard the song, it is a heavy ballad musically similar to songs like Dalai Lama, Spring and Donaukinder.
- There are some rumors surrounding the song:
- During the recording sessions of Rosenrot, the song was reworked and the band renamed it to Ahorn.
- The guitar riff was re-used by Richard in some song off Emigrate's second album Silent So Long.