|Demo cassette tape by Rammstein|
|Released:||April 30, 1994|
|Genre:||Neue Deutsche Härte|
|Rammstein demo release chronology|
- This demo was recorded when Falco Richter was still the band's manager.
- This demo came with an original information sheet from the band.
- This tape was used for radio airplay to promote the May 6, 1994 show at the Anker venue in Leipzig.
- The song Das alte Leid is misspelled as Das alte Lied on the tracklist.
- This tape is the only known release to feature a full version of the Das alte Leid demo; all other demos on other releases fade out.
- Up to now, only one known copy of this tape has surfaced, along with its no-artwork 'backup copy'.
- Interestingly, the demos on this tape seem to be mixed differently than the later demos issued on Motor Music promo tapes.
- An alternate version without artwork exists, including an early instrumental demo song using the baby sample from Mutter as a sixth track. This tape was circulated by the band directly.
- The demos on this tape were most likely recorded at Knaack Club, after Rammstein already won the Metrobeat Contest.
The original demo tape came with a self-made information sheet which was inserted inside of the case. The front of this info sheet reads as follows:
"Geboren aus den schönsten Männern von Feeling B, The Inchtabokatables, Orgasm Death Gimmik und der Firma vereint RAMMSTEIN ein excellentes Ensemble begabter Solokünstler zur Inspiration einer Generation, die sich dereinst nach ihnen benennen wird.
lockende deutschsprachige Lyrik krachende Gitarren bombastiche Chöre harte Samples Loops
ist die neue Hoffnung deutscher Kultur im Abfalleimer zerkauter MusikmärkteBILDET RAMMSTEINE ! GRÜNDET FANCLUBS ! SEID GLÜCKLICH !"
- side A
- side B