|Song by Rammstein|
|Working title:||Tiefer gelegt|
Beat Studio, Berlin
|Released:||30 April 1994|
|Live debut:||2 Jul 1994 (first known time)|
|Last performed:||15 Dec 1995 (last known time)|
Jeder lacht is an unreleased song by Rammstein.
- Jeder lacht was one of the first four songs written by the band, having existed even before Flake joined the group.
- The first three lines were later re-used in the chorus of the song Adios.
- The first part of the guitar solo in this song bears resemblance to the guitar solo in Adios.
- The working title of this song was Tiefer gelegt, often shortened by the band to simply Tiefer. This was unrelated to the lyrics and actually referred to the song’s Drop D guitar tuning.
- A full studio demo version of the song leaked online in 2019. Until then, all that was available to the public was a single live recording (a second appearing only in 2018) and a short low quality snippet of the studio demo that cut off after the first chorus.
- The earliest known version was recorded for the 4-Track Demo under crude conditions, and sent in as part of the Metrobeat competition, which the band went on to win.
- Following the success at Metrobeat, the later demo version present on the 5-Track Demo was likely recorded at Beat Studio.
- German tribute band Betonengel made a full cover version of the song, which many fans mislabeled as being an official Rammstein demo.
- A fake studio demo has been circulating for years, made from a short looped snippet of the real audio with additional drums recorded over it.
- Similarly, a certain percentage of fans believed the real studio snippet, from which this looped hoax was created, to itself be a complete fake.
|Tiefer gelegt||4-Track Demo||1994||19 Feb 1994||Demo version.|
|Jeder lacht||5-Track Demo||04:01||1994||30 Apr 1994||Demo version.|
|6-Track Demo 1||1994|
|Jeder lacht||GEMA database||04:30|
|Type||Description||First played||Last played|
|Intro||Alternative synth intro||02 July 1994||02 July 1994|
|Intro||Studio synth intro followed by guitars||03.12.1994||03.12.1994|
|Intro||Alternative synth intro||31.12.1994||31.12.1994|
|2 Jul 1994||Video||Kunsthaus Tacheles||Berlin||Germany||Two singlecam recordings exist.|
Nichts ist für dich
Nichts ist für dich
- A version of the song with a length of 04:30 is listed in the GEMA database, and remains there to this day. It is currently unknown which version of the song this is.
- It is possible, though unconfirmed, that this is a more finalized recording of the song created during the Herzeleid studio sessions.
- For many years, it was not known that Tiefer gelegt actually referred to Jeder lacht, and its then-unknown identity was one of most infamous mysteries within the fan community.
- The fact that the band based the working title on the tuning of the song implies that Jeder lacht may have been the first Rammstein song to use Drop D tuning, which would go on to become one of their most common tunings.
- An explanation of the infamous Tiefer gelegt / Tiefer mystery, now resolved, in the order that events unfolded.
- Private mail conversation with RammWiki staff
- Heute hat die Welt Geburtstag, page 193
- Handwritten setlist for the 15.12.1995 concert
- The RammWiki team knows the band privately