Das alte Leid (song)
|Das alte Leid|
|Song by Rammstein from the album Herzeleid|
|GEMA database ID:||3796009-001|
Polar Studios, Stockholm
|Producer:||Jacob Hellner, Carl-Michael Herlöfsson|
Chateau du Pape, Hamburg
|Released:||25 September 1995|
|Live debut:||2 July 1994 (first known time)|
|Last played:||11 October 1996 (last known time)|
|Stream / Buy:|
- The working title for this song was Hallo Hallo. When Till wanted to sing lyrics for the song for the first time on the band's demo tape, he said "Hallo, hallo" in the beginning, just to check if it was audible and if he could hear himself. This was recorded and used before the song, which is where the demo name of the song comes from.
- Before the second chorus is a short break which the band wanted to fill with something. They just wanted Till to scream anything that came to his mind. So he just started screaming "Ich will ficken!"
- The song is missing on the tracklist of the Korean version of the album, but is still on the CD.
- On 1 May 1994 the demo version Das alte Lied was played on radio in the show "Six-Pack" on the radio station NRJ. This is the first known time Rammstein was ever played on radio.
|Das alte Leid||Herzeleid||05:44||1995||25 Sep 1995|
|XXI||4 Dec 2015||Remastered|
|Das alte Leid||5-Track Demo||05:38||1994||30 Apr 1994||Demo version|
Mislabeled (presumably) as Das alte Lied
|6-Track Demo 1||1994||Same version as on the 5-Track Demo cassette tape|
|Hallo Hallo||3-Track Demo 1||04:52||1994||Same version as on the 5-Track Demo cassette tape, |
but differently mixed
Shorter due to early fade-out
|6-Track Demo 2||1994|
|6-Track Demo 3||1995|
|Hallo Hallo||3-Track DAT Demo||05:22||1995|
|Das alte Leid||New Industries||05:26||1995|
|Hallo Hallo||9-Track Demo||1995||Rough Mix / Mix|
|Hallo Hallo||Du riechst so gut (Promo)||05:40||1995||24 Aug 1995||Demo version|
|Das alte Leid||Rammstein Life||Video||27 Sep 1996||Arena Berlin, Berlin||24 Dec 1996|
In 1994, the song started with Till saying the line "Hallo, hallo", the lyrics were also slightly different. In 1995, the song still started with the "Hallo, hallo" line, except that during this time Flake would play it as a sample from his keyboard, adding some effects to it. In 1996, the opening line was dropped. The song would now start off with only Schneider and Flake playing. Richard and Paul would soon start to play as well. Till would then start the song with the line "Aus der Bohne und in das Licht". When Till reached the "Ich will ficken!" line, he would scream it and unzip his pants, revealing a dildo. Soon after, the dildo would start to squirt liquid and Till would aim it at the crowd in front of him. Shortly afterwards, Till would take the dildo from his pants and throw it away. Paul and Richard would provide backup vocals on the "Nie mehr" line of the chorus. On 27 September there were some small tweaks made to the performance. Bricks of ice were loaded onto the stage, Till would later crawl towards, hump and hit these bricks near the end of the song. The dildo during this performance was also different, and functioned as a sparkling fountain firework, which Till aimed upwards.
|Type||Description||First played||Last played|
|2 Jul 1994||Video||Kunsthaus Tacheles||Berlin||Germany||Filmed by two singlecams.|
|Demo (6-Track Demo 3)|
|Hallo Hallo (Du riechst so gut Promo Single)|
|Le mal ancien (Official French translation by Mathilde Bonnefoy)|
- Heute hat die Welt Geburtstag, page 193-194