Weißes Fleisch (song)
|Song by Rammstein from the album Herzeleid|
|GEMA database ID:||3796006-001|
|Working title(s):||White Flesh
Polar Studios, Stockholm
|Producer(s):||Jacob Hellner, Carl-Michael Herlöfsson|
Chateau du Pape, Hamburg
|Released:||25 September 1995|
|Live debut:||2 July 1994 (first known time)|
|Last played:||31 May 2011|
|Stream / Buy:|
- Weißes Fleisch was among the first songs the band wrote. Its very first version was called White Flesh, because Till sung in English first. After the band switched to German, the working title for the song was Fleisch.
- While the tracklist spells the song with "ss", the correct German spelling is with "ß" like in the booklet. "ß" has been used as equivalent to the "ss" digraph, but had no official capital form until 2017; which is the reason why "ss" was used frequently, to avoid issues within modern and foremost international typography.
- On some first pressings of the album, the song had the words "Schulhof" (schoolyard) and "töten" (to kill) beeped during the first verse. There was no visual difference between the censored and uncensored version of the album.
- After closer inspection of the beeped version's audio, tiny skips can be discovered just before the beeps occur as well as before other words that could be seen as explicit within the context. The lines in questions are the following ones; the striked words would likely have been chosen for censorship:
- German death metal band Debauchery covered the song in 2007 for their album Back In Blood.
- The poem off the Rammstein book was reworked into the poem Nele from Messer.
|Weißes Fleisch||Herzeleid||03:35||1995||25 Sep 1995|
|Herzeleid (some copies of the first pressing)||Beeped version; censoring "Schulhof" and "töten".|
|Weißes Fleisch||XXI||03:35||1995||4 Dec 2015||2015 Remaster.|
|Herzeleid (XXI Vinyl)||8 Dec 2017|
|Herzeleid (XXV Vinyl)||4 Dec 2020|
|Weißes Fleisch||Herzeleid (XXV CD/Digital)||03:35||1995||2020 Remaster.|
|White Flesh||4-Track Demo||1994||19 Feb 1994||Demo version.|
|Weißes Fleisch||5-Track Demo||03:25||1994||30 Apr 1994||Demo version.|
Main riff is played throughout the verses.
Slightly different lyrics.
|6-Track Demo 1||1994|
|6-Track Demo 2||1994|
|3-Track Demo 2||1995|
|6-Track Demo 3||1995|
|Fleisch||6 Rough-Mixes/3 Mixes||03:18||1995||1995||Rough Mix.|
Sped and pitched up.
|Weißes Fleisch||Rammstein Life||Video||27 Sep 1996||Arena Berlin, Berlin||24 Dec 1996|
|Weißes Fleisch||Live aus Berlin||Audio||04:35||22 Aug 1998
23 Aug 1998
|Wuhlheide, Berlin||31 Aug 1999|
|Weißes Fleisch||Live aus Berlin||Video|
|Weißes Fleisch||Lichtspielhaus||Video||26 Jan 2001||Big Day Out, Sydney||1 Dec 2003|
|Weißes Fleisch||In Amerika||Video||9 Dec 2010
11 Dec 2010
|Bell Centre, Montreal
Madison Square Garden, New York City
|25 Sep 2015|
|Type||Description||First played||Last played|
|2 Jul 1994||Video||Kunsthaus Tacheles||Berlin||Germany||Filmed by two singlecams.|
|27 Aug 1994||Video||M.A.U. Club||Rostock||Germany||Multicam recorded for the movie Achtung! Wir kommen..|
|29 Nov 1995||Video||Stodoła||Warsaw||Poland|
|18 Aug 1996||Video||Bizarre Festival||Cologne||Germany|
|17 Aug 1997||Video||Bizarre Festival||Cologne||Germany|
|23 Oct 1997||Video||Philipshalle||Düsseldorf||Germany|
|29 Nov 1997||Audio||Melkweg||Amsterdam||Netherlands||Broadcasted via radio.|
|6 May 1998||Video||The Roxy||New York City||United States|
|10 Apr 1999||Audio||River Plate Stadium||Buenos Aires||Argentina||Broadcasted via radio.|
|14 Jun 1999||Video||Fillmore Auditorium||Denver||United States||Shown in the documentary Rammstein in Amerika.|
|9 Feb 2001||Video||BIGCAT||Osaka||Japan||Recorded footage used in the music video of Links 2-3-4.|
|Live demo version|
|Official French translation by Mathilde Bonnefoy|
Toi dans le préau, moi prêt à tuer
|Poem Rammstein book|
|Official English translation of the Rammstein book poem by Gert Hof|
Meine Angst um Dich so groß
My fear for you is so great