|Song by Rammstein from the album Mutter|
|Working title:||Letzter Kuss|
Studio Miraval, Correns
Toytown Studios, Stockholm
Masterdisk, New York City
|Released:||2 April 2001|
|Live debut:||1 May 2001|
|Last performed:||15 Jun 2001|
|Stream / Buy:|
- The female background vocals are provided by Bobo.
- "Nebel" (fog) reads backwards "Leben" (life), which is basically what the song is about.
- After the line "Und hat ihn auf die Stirn geküsst", Flake can be heard saying "Eifersüchtig" (jealous).
- Footage of the band playing a slower version of the guitar arpeggio of Ein Lied appeared in 2001 in the TV show "MTV Masters" as an intro to the song. It is unknown whether the melody was first used in Nebel or an early version of Ein Lied was actually composed during the recording sessions for Mutter.
- The intro samples were first used in 1997 in the Rammstein remix of the Faith No More song Last Cup Of Sorrow.
|Nebel||Mutter||04:54||2000||2 Apr 2001|
|Nebel||XXI||04:54||2000||4 Dec 2015|
|Nebel (Piano Version)||XXI - Klavier||04:34||4 Dec 2015||Instrumental piano version|
The song would start off with an extended synth intro. Schneider would be standing behind his drums, rather than sitting, only sitting down to play once Till started singing. The stage would be filling up with fog before the first verse. Till would sing whilst holding himself, often making slow gestures and leaning forwards when singing. Both Paul and Richard would start off standing at their normal spots, but by the time Till reached the second verse, both would be sitting on the body jar stage decorations. At the start of the first refrain, they would get back up at return to their normal spots. After the refrain was repeated a second time, Till would take a few steps back and an instrumental break would follow. The refrain would then be repeated twice again, before another short break. Till would then sing the ending lines before leaving the stage. Flake would then play an outro consisting mostly of the main background track played on harmonica synths. On 18 May 2001, Bobo performed live backup vocals during the refrains and the instrumental breaks.
|Type||Description||First played||Last played|
|Intro||Extended intro; synth and beats only||1 May 2001||9 June 2001|
Sie stehen eng umschlungen
|霧 (Official Japanese translation by Makiko Shimada)|