|Song by Rammstein from the album Rammstein|
Studio La Fabrique, France
|Released:||17 May 2019|
|Live debut:||24 May 2019|
|Last performed:||1 Jun 2019|
|Stream / Buy:|
- On 17 April 2019, a snippet of the song featuring only the guitars was uploaded to the official Rammstein YouTube channel.
- Some of the lyrics are sourced from the poem Warmer Tag, released by Till in his book In stillen Nächten.
- They were previously used in the demo of Gib mir deine Augen called Gib mir Augen.
- One line of the lyrics is sourced from the poem Elegie für Marie Antoinette, released by Till in his book In stillen Nächten.
- The drums during the verses are the same as those used in Ramm 4. The guitars during the bridge are also taken from the same song.
|Sex||Rammstein||03:56||2018||17 May 2019|
|Sex (Acapella)||Untitled Album (Acapellas) (Promo CD)||03:53||2018|
|Sex (Instrumental)||Untitled Album (Instrumentals) (Promo CD)||03:53||2018|
Starting off with a simple synth intro followed by guitars, Sex is one of the songs without any associated stage effects or stunts. Paul and Richard would yell "Sex" alongside Till during the chorus. Backing vocals for Till's echoing "Sex" yell would also be present. At the end of the second chorus, after singing the line "Wir leben Sex", a break would follow with only Schneider playing for a while. In the meantime, Till would be encouraging the audience to clap. The guitars would join in shortly after, followed ultimately by a solo by Flake. Till would often head over to Flake's station by this point and point at him. Afterwards, Till, Paul and Richard would yell "Sex" for the outro, Till having backing vocals once more.
Sex was only performed during the first three public concerts of the tour, before being dropped off the setlist after their show in Barcelona. A fan asked Paul about the dissapearance of the song during one of the meet and greets in Dresden, he apparently stated that the 22 song setlist needed to be shortened and that the band chose to drop Sex in order to do so.
Ich seh dich an und mir wird schlecht
|セックス (Official Japanese translation by Reimi Kishimoto)|